MSC WORLD AMERICA—MIAMI’S NEXT MEGASHIP—CELEBRATES A FINANCIAL SHIP-BUILDING PROJECT
- MSC Cruises celebrates the MSC World America Coin Ceremony at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard along with the MSC Euribia Presentation Ceremony
- The developments on the two newest ships mark the growth of MSC Cruises as the world’s third largest and fastest growing line.
MSC Cruises celebrated a milestone today in its US expansion with the Coin for Ceremony MSC World America. The event took place along with the presentation of MSC Euribia at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in France. This shows an important part in the construction of MSC World America, the brand’s second ship in its new World Class. It is also the first ship designed for the US marine market powered by Liquified Natural Gas (LNG).
A traditional naval ceremony saw commemorative coins placed around the neck of the MSC World America and two weeks, MSC Cruises’ Silvia Turbia and Chantiers de l’Atlantique’s Séverine Blandin, as a sign of blessing and luck. When she begins sailing from MSC Cruises’ new, state-of-the-art terminal at PortMiami in April 2025, MSC World America it will be the largest ship in North America.
MSC World America will build on the success of MSC World Europe and became the world’s second ship with major productions tailored to the North American market, including The Harbor—a new outdoor space. The Harbor combines a water park, interactive water features, innovative entertainment, and a relaxing atmosphere with delicious food and drinks for the whole family to enjoy.
Guests will discover a new world of travel with exciting new restaurants and bars, as well as over 420,000 public spaces. It will combine MSC Cruises’ elegant European design with American comfort.
MSC World America will sail 7-night cruises to the Caribbean during its opening hours. This includes a stop at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
MSC Takes Shipping or MSC Euribia
In addition, the ship’s crew also celebrated the delivery of MSC Euribia. The ship is “built for the future” and is the most energy-efficient ship ever built. The ship is MSC Cruises’ second LNG powered ship. They will also have the most advanced environmental technologies as well.
First in business, MSC Euribia will complete the net zero greenhouse gas journey. The ship will depart for Copenhagen, Denmark for the ship’s naming ceremony on June 8.
During its opening hours, it will offer amazing 7-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords. The flights will include weekly departures from Kiel, Germany and Copenhagen, Denmark.
About MSC World America
MSC World America will create a striking image overlooking the Miami skyline with its signature bow rising straight from the waterline and Y-shaped aft that opens out onto the World Promenade.
The new World Class ship will have 22 decks, a size of more than 150 feet, have 2,626 cabins, with more than 420,000 square meters of passenger space, and offer the highest quality features and equipment. Some of these include:
- The Harbor—a new outdoor space for kids and families to play and relax together.
- The spectacular outdoor World Promenade, featuring unique food, music, and entertainment combined with ocean views and LED light shows.
- The Indoor World Galleria—which includes bars, restaurants, shops and boutiques—has a modern LED and kinetic light ceiling.
- 13 restaurants including six specialty restaurants, four main restaurants, two buffets, and Luna Park Pizza & Burger – a fast food restaurant.
- 20 bars and lounges, including Sports Bar, Comedy Club, The Gin Project, Elixir mixology bar and more.
- An impressive 11-deck-high slide, offering guests a fun way to reach the lower decks in style.
- Six pools and 14 hot tubs, including an indoor pool with an enclosed roof and two large private pools at the rear of the deck.
- An expansive water park with water slides that feature VR.
- Kids’ Clubs with dedicated spaces for ages from babies to 17 years old.
- Three entertainment venues with new entertainment and theater shows.
- Elegant and luxurious rooms, including Infinite Ocean View cabins, balconies that look out onto the World Promenade, and connecting family rooms.
- The MSC Yacht Club, featuring spacious cabins, dedicated lounges and restaurants, a private pool and sun deck, and more.
To learn more about MSC World America, click here.
About MSC Euribia
MSC Euribia, the newest ship in the Meraviglia-Pluss class. It is named after the ancient goddess Eurybia who used the wind, weather, and constellations to determine the sea.
MSC Euribia it will provide a powerful visitor experience with new tools and equipment. Some of the requirements include:
- 367-long – Mediterranean promenade with shops, bars, and restaurants with a spectacular LED sky screen.
- 21 bars and 10 restaurants, including the new Le Grill, a French restaurant meets steak and Kaito Sushi & Robatayaki.
- A large children’s area with a LEGO® play area and a Chicco kids’ club.
- The 945 theater, which offers seven nights of live entertainment, as well as the Carousel Lounge aft of the ship, and the 19-piece Big Band at Sea.
- The MSC Yacht Club, with stunning private spaces and accommodations including lounges, fine dining, a private pool and sun deck.
- Five swimming pools including a large indoor pool and a 10,764-square-foot water park.
- The state-of-the-art MSC Aurea Spa with a wide range of treatments and the MSC Gym by Technogym®
To learn more about MSC EuribiaClick here.
SOURCE MSC Cruises
Are you excited to hear that MSC World America is celebrating a major construction project? Do you have plans to travel on one of these World Class ships? Drop us a line below to share your experiences traveling with MSC Cruises.
Stay informed with the latest travel news and travel updates!