Thanks to the award-winning Standard hotels in London, Maldives, Ibiza, Bangkok, and Hua Hin (Thailand), the company continues to attract development opportunities around the world.
The Standard will open in Melbourne later this year and Singapore in early 2024, followed by new locations in Lisbon (hotel and residences), Austin, Mexico (lodging and residences), Brooklyn (Bushwick), Vancouver, Dublin, Vienna, Brussels, Khao Yai, Nashville and Pattaya. Midtown Miami’s first sustainable residential project is well established with 70% of units under contract, and by adding apartments to the award-winning Standard, Hua Hin, The Standard will be launching its first apartments. in Asia. The company’s sister hotel Bunkhouse continues to thrive with the recent opening of Hotel Genevieve in Louisville (NULU) and the opening of San Fernando in Mexico City, along with ongoing projects in Chattanooga, Fort Worth, and two projects in Houston. and two additional hotels in Mexico (Todos Santos and Queretaro). Peri Hotels, the newest brand of Standard International, has two new locations, Bangkok Sukhumvit and Bangkok Riverside, joining the list.
“We are in a unique position as one of the leading independent finalists,” said Amber Asher, CEO of Standard International. “Many of our competitors have been acquired, or merged into large hotel companies, and we have found that many developers and partners around the world like to work with us, as a company that remains entrepreneurial, creative, sustainable, and culturally connected. We work with them and they are very proud of the projects we are developing with them which lead to many projects around the world.”
In the most difficult years of the Covid epidemic that left many independent hotels struggling to survive, and looking for companies with bigger portfolios to acquire them, the Standard group has increased its growth opportunities, expanding its bench of in-house talent (very good) . production class, marketing, public relations, development and operations teams) and external partners (from interior designers and world-renowned experts, to the next generation of fashion, to talented and innovative chefs), and to improve its supply chain both. experience and finances.
Known for its progressive design, traditional programs, detailed yet casual services, and in-house F&B management, the Standard team works closely with owners and project partners to create projects that are tailored to the markets and buildings. , a very different approach. for large companies that often try to force the owner or developer to agree to their projects “brand level”. Standard International’s proven approach has led to world-renowned projects that have transformed developing countries into cultural communities while delivering strong value to their partners.
While The Standard is known for its craftsmanship and culture at its core, the brand also has a history of financial and operational success:
- Interest on premium up to Covid 107.3% from YE 2022 (excluding stub year assets). That’s another $17.5k for an average key
- EBITDA to pre-Covid +33.1% on average from YE 2022 (excluding stub year assets). That’s another $33.5k per key on average
Standard International punches above its weight as an independent brand and offers great value to owners and manufacturers because:
- Over 50 recommendations for food, drink and nightlife, all managed in-house
- Three brands: The Standard, Bunkhouse Hotels, and Peri
- 60%+ direct bookings (save 15-20% on third party booking commissions)
- The site’s users surpassed 3M users in 2022, with Standardhotels.com contributing 45% to bookings
- Email database about 1 million
- Return visitor rate of 30% (vs 25% Pre-Pandemic) which demonstrates brand loyalty and reduces customer acquisition costs
- Global footprint with growing support offices in NYC, London, Bangkok, and Austin.
Best Courses: (The Standard Bangkok, Mahanakhon and The Standard, Hua Hin):
The Standard Bangkok, Mahanakhon:
- In addition to providing the best investment (we beat the top budget in the first calendar year by almost 40% and a significant increase in profitability), we strive to make owners proud of their properties and their achievements.
- The products are different from other traditional hotels, the hotel won the honor Ahead Award 2022, Asia, Best Hotel New Build,
and the hotel has been included in the Destin Asian Honor Circle 2022
- In the market, the hotel has achieved and maintained a RevPar Index of approximately 150-160 since the second month of operation.
- The biggest success since it opened in the international markets is Asia, which is reflected in the international tourist mix of about 80% international and less than 10% domestic.
- Mexico’s Ojo roof is almost double the check it was originally planned for.
- Since the opening, we have welcomed international guests and top media such as, Vogue Korea, NY times, South China Morning Post, including frequent visits from Bangkok A list celebrities.
The Standard, Hua Hin:
- Provide custom-made products with cost-effective and efficient construction in collaboration between Standard’s in-house design team and manufacturers.
- Named #1 resort in Southeast Asia, #7 in Asia, #35 in the world by Travel Leisure (World’s Best Award 2022)
- The only hotel in Southeast Asia on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2022 Hot List
- TripAdvisor ranked 28th in the first year out of 223 hotels in the Hua Hin/Chaam area
- Praca (The Standard, Hua Hin’s beachfront restaurant and bar) has just become the #2 restaurant in Hua Hin on Trip Advisor.
- Direct deposit accounts for 43% of total revenue
From its financial strength and its services and its flexibility (ability to define the most suitable product in the market and to achieve new constructions and changes), Standard International contributes to the high finance of various projects that are designed and operated, Including urban areas, social centers, urban recreation areas, popular seating areas, and a wide variety of food and beverage options (more than 50 concepts operated in-house).